Brains in a Box: What Your Brain Can Do (Module 2)
You can also download this entire module in PDF format by clicking the following link: Module 2 (PDF, 9MB).
During the second Brain Power! mission, students learn about four major parts of the brain and their functions. The students work in small groups to create a three-dimensional model of the brain made of Play-Doh. Using the trading cards supplied in the module, students discover what each part does.
This mission has the following goals:
- To give students an opportunity to visualize the brain;
- To make students aware that the brain has different parts that perform different functions;
- To help students understand that the brain is the control center for the body.
- Students learn that the brain has different parts.
- Students create a model of the brain showing its four major parts.
- Students identify the function of each of these parts of the brain.
Brain Power Video Modules: Grades 2-3
T-shirts, Stickers, and Buttons: Grades 2-3
As a result of scientific research, we know that addiction is a disease that affects both brain and behavior.