In This Section
Tools and Resources for Your Practice
NIDA Drug Use Screening Tool: Features a one-question Quick Screen as well as the full NIDA-Modified Alcohol, Smoking and Substance Involvement Screening Test.
- Additional Screening Resources
- Drug Abuse Information
- Treatment Information
- Patient Materials
- NIDA/SAMHSA Blending Initiative Products
- Share NIDAMED Resources
NIDA Centers of Excellence (CoE) for Physician Information: Preparing medical students and physicians for the challenge of identifying and treating patients at risk for drug abuse.
Choose curricula based on:
- Opioid and Pain Management CMEs: Featuring videos that model effective communication, courses provide guidance for screening pain patients before prescribing and identifying when patients are abusing their medications. Accreditation through Medscape Education
- Addiction Medicine in Primary Care Lectures: A series of short presentations given by the Nation's leading experts on addiction to help inform the care of patients presenting with substance use disorders in primary care settings.
- Addiction Performance Project: A CME & CE program is part of NIDA's outreach to practicing health professionals and those in training
NIDA’s Addiction Performance Project–What’s It All About?
Safe Disposal of Medicines
Looking for Treatment?
Use the SAMHSA Treatment Locator or 1-800-662-HELP.
Prescription Drug Abuse
Learn what you can do to
prevent medicine abuse at
Offers guidance in seeking drug abuse treatment and lists five questions to ask when searching for a treatment program.
Formed with SAMHSA to reduce the gap between research results and treatment.