DEADLINE: January 15, 2011
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD) sponsor an International Traveling Fellowship Award for drug abuse scientists from developing countries* to support a 1-week research visit with a NIDA-supported research grantee and participation in the NIDA International Forum and the CPDD Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Be a drug abuse investigator from a developing country* who completed his or her doctoral degree or residency no more than 10 years ago.
- May not have received travel support from NIDA, WHO, or CPDD between July 1 of the previous year and June 1 of the award year.
- Live and work outside the United States at the time of application and travel.
Applicants are required to submit an abstract to both the NIDA International Forum and the CPDD Annual Scientific Meeting using two separate online submission systems.
Applications Must Include
- Abstract Submission Confirmation from CPDD.
- Abstract Submission Confirmation from the NIDA International Program.
- A curriculum vitae documenting research experience.
- Two letters of recommendation indicating your eligibility for the award.
- A travel plan for visiting a NIDA-supported researcher for 1 week after the CPDD Annual Meeting, which describes the potential for collaborative research between you and the NIDA grantee.
- A letter of acceptance from the director of the research unit you wish to visit.
E-mail applications are encouraged. Applications should include a fax number and e-mail address whenever possible.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The NIDA International Program will coordinate travel arrangements after the awards are announced. The travel award of $5,000 USD will help offset expenses incurred while attending the meetings and associated research visits, including such items as meeting registration fees, travel, and living expenses. Award selections will be announced in March. Selected applicants must submit a post-travel report.
Applications must be received by the chair of the CPDD International Committee no later than December 15. Applications must be submitted to:
Flavio Pechansky, M.D., Ph.D.
Chair, CPDD International Committee
Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
E-mail (PLEASE SEND MESSAGES TO BOTH ADDRESSES): firstname.lastname@example.org
Award selections will be announced in March.
*For this program, eligible countries are those in Africa; Asia (except Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan); Central and Eastern Europe (except European Union members); Russia and the Newly Independent States of the Former Soviet Union; Latin America and the Caribbean; and the Pacific Ocean Islands (except Australia and New Zealand).
Get Email Updates
2014 NIDA International Forum
June 13 – 16, 2014
San Juan, Puerto Rico