Extended December 20, 2010 CLOSED
A limited number of travel awards are available to participants whose abstracts have been accepted for presentation at the NIDA International Research Poster Session. This award provides partial support to cover the registration, transportation, and lodging costs associated with the NIDA International Forum and the College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD) Annual Scientific Meeting.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Submit an abstract for poster presentation at the NIDA International Research Poster Session using the online registration form.
- Be the primary author of the submitted abstract and a citizen or permanent resident of a country other than the United States.
- Participate in both the NIDA International Forum and the CPDD meeting. (Separate registration and abstract submission are required for each meeting.)
- Binational Teams: If you are a primary author who is ineligible for a travel award because you are a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident, and you intend to fully participate in the NIDA International Forum, you can nominate a co-author for a travel award. Your nominee must be the principal foreign investigator on the project and a citizen or permanent resident of a country other than the United States. Please indicate that you wish to nominate your principal co-author for the travel award when you submit your abstract and include the principal co-author's name, institution affiliation, and country.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have not received travel support from NIDA in the 12 months preceding the June meetings.
Priority will be given to:
- Applicants whose research has been supported by NIDA
- Applicants who have participated in a NIDA-supported research training or exchange program
- Residents of low-income countries as identified by the World Bank
- To accommodate the varying costs of attending the NIDA International Forum, travel awards will be made in the following amounts according to an applicant’s residency:
|East Asia & Pacific||$1,750USD|
|Europe & Central Asia||$1,250USD|
|Latin America & the Caribbean||$1,250USD|
|Middle East & Africa||$1,500USD|
|North America (non-U.S. citizen)||$500USD|
Get Email Updates
2014 NIDA International Forum
June 13 – 16, 2014
San Juan, Puerto Rico