NIH is committed to helping investigators carry out clinical research in an ethical manner and to protecting the rights and welfare of participants. Learn about NIH and NIDA regulations, guidelines, and other information to help you maintain ethical research standards.
- NACDA Guidelines for Substance Abuse Research Involving Children and Adolescents
- NACDA Guidelines for the Administration of Drugs to Human Subjects
- Points to Consider Regarding Tobacco Industry Funding of NIDA Applicants
NIH Points to Consider
- Research Involving Individuals with Questionable Capacity to Consent
- Certificates of Confidentiality
National Academy of Sciences Reports/Meetings
- Bioethics Taskforce Report - Use of Immnunotherapies and Sustained Release Formulas for Treating Drug Addiction (Archives)
- New Treatments for Addiction: Behavioral, Ethical, Legal, and Social Questions - Executive Summary (National Academy of Sciences)
- Workshop On The Genetics Of Drug Addiction (Archives)
Get this Publication
Search for Funding
Discusses the importance of quality mentorship in drug abuse research and offers suggestions for creating a successful mentor and mentee relationship.