The term “bath salts” refers to an emerging family of drugs containing one or more synthetic chemicals related to cathinone, an amphetamine-like stimulant found naturally in the Khat plant. Learn more
- Messages from the Director: "Bath Salts" - Emerging and Dangerous Products
- What's New at NIDA: New findings on the active chemicals found in “bath salts” add justification to the growing health concern
- What's New at NIDA: Research sheds light on effects of mephedrone (“bath salts”)
- Sara Bellum Blog: Keep “Bath Salts” in the Tub (9/16/11)
- Office of National Drug Control Policy: Synthetic Drugs
Get more information on Emerging Trends, we will update this page with the latest research findings as they develop.
Other Articles of Interest
Looking for Treatment?
Use the SAMHSA Treatment Locator or 1-800-662-HELP.
As a result of scientific research, we know that addiction is a disease that affects both brain and behavior.