One-stop access to U.S. Government information on HIV/AIDS.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
Formerly called the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, AHRQ sponsors and conducts research to provide evidence-based health information for patients, healthcare providers, and policymakers alike. The agency's Web site makes it easier to find a wide variety of information ranging from children's health to choosing a health plan.
Center for Functional Genomics and HCV-Associated Liver Disease
The Center brings a multidisciplinary approach to the study of hepatitis C virus infection and its impact on liver function.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), located in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, is an agency of the Public Health Service, in the Department of Health and Human Services. It's mission: To promote health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) National Prevention Information Network (NPIN).
CDC's, National Prevention Information Network is designed to facilitate sharing of HIV/AIDS, STD and TB information and resources.
Drug Abuse Treatment Outcome Study (DATOS)
The Drug Abuse Treatment Outcome Study (DATOS) is NIDA's third national evaluation of treatment effectiveness. It is based on over 10,000 admissions during 1991-1993 to 96 community-based treatment programs in 11 large U.S. cities.
Drug Enforcement Administration
The mission of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is to enforce the controlled substances laws and regulations of the United States and bring to the criminal and civil justice system of the United States, or any other competent jurisdiction, those organizations and principal members of organizations, involved in the growing, manufacture, or distribution of controlled substances appearing in or destined for illicit traffic in the United States; and to recommend and support non-enforcement programs aimed at reducing the availability of illicit controlled substances on the domestic and international markets. See also, the Drug Enforcement Administration Museum and Visitors Center
Federal Resources for Education Excellence (FREE)
More than 30 Federal agencies formed a working group in 1997 to make hundreds of Federally supported teaching and learning resources easier to find. The result of that work is the FREE web site.
The National Technical Information Service (NTIS) introduced FedWorld in November 1992 to help with the challenge of accessing U.S. Government Information online. In an electronic age when more and more government agencies are racing to get online, FedWorld can help you keep up with the flood of information worldwide. We are providing a comprehensive central access point for locating and acquiring government information.
Healthfinder is a gateway consumer health information web site from the United States government.
The Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention
The U.S. Department of Education established the Center to provide nationwide support for campus alcohol and other drug prevention efforts. The Center is working with colleges, universities, and proprietary schools throughout the country to develop strategies for changing campus culture, to foster environments that promote healthy lifestyles, and to prevent illegal alcohol and other drug use among students.
Indian Health Service
An agency of the Public Health Service, Department of Health and Human Services. The IHS provides a comprehensive health services delivery system for American Indians and Alaska Natives with opportunity for maximum tribal involvement in developing and managing programs to meet their health needs. The goal of the IHS is to raise the health status of American Indian and Alaska Native people to the highest possible level.
National Clearinghouse of Drug and Alcohol Information
The National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI) is the information service of the Center for Substance Abuse Prevention of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. NCADI is the world's largest resource for current information and materials about alcohol and other drugs.
National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS)
The National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) is one of the most extensive sources of information on criminal and juvenile justice in the world, providing services to an international community of policymakers and professionals. NCJRS is a collection of clearinghouses supporting all bureaus of the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs: the National Institute of Justice , the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, the Bureau of Justice Statistics, the Bureau of Justice Assistance, the Office for Victims of Crime, and the OJP Program Offices. It also supports the Office of National Drug Control Policy.
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, part of the National Institutes of Health, has released a new version of The Cool Spot, a website for grades 6-8. It uses engaging games and graphics to deliver vital messages about underage drinking risks and ways to resist peer pressure.
The National Institute of Justice (NIJ)
As the research agency of the Department of Justice, NIJ supports research, evaluation, and demonstration programs relating to drug abuse in the contexts of crime and the criminal justice system.
National Interagency Counterdrug Institute (NICI)
NICI products and services support both the supply and demand reduction components of the National Drug Control Strategy as well as the emergency management community.
National Library of Medicine
The National Library of Medicine is the world's largest library dealing with a single scientific/professional topic. It cares for over 4.5 million holdings (including books, journal, reports, manuscripts and audio-visual items). Also provides MEDLINEplus, a gold mine of up-to-date, quality health care information from the world's largest medical library, the National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health.
National Women's Health Information Center (NWHIC)
The National Women's Health Information Center (NWHIC) is a national clearinghouse for women's health, sponsored by the Office on Women's Health within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. NWHIC is the only Federal, commercial-free, combined women's health web site and toll-free phone information center. NWHIC is committed to providing free, reliable information to women across America who are concerned about their health and bodies.
Office of Justice Programs.
Since 1984 the Office of Justice Programs has provided federal leadership in developing the nation's capacity to prevent and control crime, improve the criminal and juvenile justice systems, increase knowledge about crime and related issues, and assist crime victims. Includes the Office of Juvenile Justice and Deliquency Prevention.
The Office of National Drug Control Policy.
The Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) was established by Act of Congress in 1988 and is organized within the Executive Office of the President. ONDCP is authorized to develop and coordinate the policies, goals, and objectives of the Nation's drug control program for reducing the use of illicit drugs. ONDCP engages in activities that both meet the requirements of its authorization and represent the values and commitments of the President and its Director. Also runs www.abovetheinfluence.com part of a national effort to prevent or reduce the use of drugs among young people.
Research Online Reporting Tools (NIH)
RePORTer replaces CRISP at NIH and is a searchable database of federally funded biomedical research projects being conducted at universities, hospitals, and other research institutions.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Data Archive (SAMHDA).
SAMHDA's purpose is to increase the utilization of substance abuse and mental health databases, therby encouraging their use to understand and assess the extent of alcohol, drug abuse, and mental health disorders and the nature and impact of related treament systems. Based at the University of Michigan's Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR).
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
SAMHSA's mission is to assure that quality substance abuse and mental health services are available to the people who need them and to ensure that prevention and treatment knowledge is used more effectively in the general health care system.
- SAMHSA Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Center for Excellence - provides information about this condition and the very serious problems caused by use of alcohol during pregnancy
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is the United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.
U.S. Department of Labor - Working Partners for an Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace
Working Partners strives to build a drug-free workforce by equipping businesses and communities with tools and information to effectively address drug and alcohol problems..
World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
The World Anti-Doping Agency was created to promote, coordinate, and monitor at the international level the fight against doping in sport in all its forms. WADA seeks to foster a doping-free culture in sport. It combines the resources of sports and governments to enhance, supplement, and coordinate existing efforts to educate athletes about the harms of doping, reinforce the ideal of fair play, and sanction those who cheat themselves and their sport.
- Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists
- AIDS United
- Alliance for Children and Families
- American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Academy of Nursing
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Anthropological Association
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists
- American Association of University Professors
- American Bar Association
- American Brain Coalition
- American College Health Association
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Correctional Association
- American Council on Education
- American Counseling Association
- American Dental Association
- American Foundation for AIDS Research
- American Hospital Association
- American Institute of Biological Sciences
- American Jail Association
- American Legacy Foundation
- American Medical Association
- American Nurses Association
- American Osteopathic Academy of Addiction Medicine
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Pharmacists Association
- American Probation and Parole Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychosomatic Society
- American Public Health Association
- American Society for Cell Biology
- American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- American Society for Microbiology
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- American Society of Criminology
- American Sociological Association
- Americans for Medical Progress
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- Association for Medical Education and Research in Substance Abuse
- Association for Prevention Teaching and Research
- Association for Psychological Science
- Association for the Treatment of Tobacco Use and Dependence
- Association of Academic Health Centers
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Association of Black Psychologists
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs
- Association of Medical School Pediatric Department Chairs, Inc.
- Association of Medical School Pharmacology Chairs
- Association of Recovery Schools
- Association of Schools of Public Health
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
- Black Psychiatrists of America
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Center for Science in the Public Interest
- Charles A. Dana Foundation
- Children and Adults With Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- College on Problems of Drug Dependence
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America
- Consortium of Social Science Associations
- Consumer Healthcare Products Association
- Council of State Governments Justice Center
- Drug Strategies
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Employee Assistance Professionals Association
- Entertainment Industries Council, Inc.
- European College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- Faces and Voices of Recovery
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology
- Federation of Associations in Behavioral & Brain Sciences
- Federation of European Neuroscience Societies
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association
- Greater Washington Urban League
- Harm Reduction Coalition
- Hepatitis Foundation International
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- International Association of Bioethics
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- International Coalition for Addiction Studies Education
- International Community Corrections Association
- International Drug Abuse Research Society
- International Narcotics Research Conference
- International Nurses Society on Addictions
- International Society of Addiction Journal Editors
- International Society of Addiction Medicine
- International Womenâ€™s and Childrenâ€™s Health and Gender Working Group
- Join Together
- Justice Management Institute
- Legal Action Center
- Mental Health America
- Mentor Foundation USA
- Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
- NAADAC - the Association for Addiction Professionals
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Alliance for Hispanic Health
- National Alliance for Medication Assisted Recovery
- National Alliance for Model State Drug Laws
- National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment
- National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Asian Pacific American Families Against Substance Abuse
- National Association for Biomedical Research
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics
- National Association for Children's Behavioral Health
- National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers
- National Association of Attorneys General
- National Association of Biology Teachers
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- National Association of Counties
- National Association of County Behavioral Health and Developmental Disability Directors
- National Association of Drug Court Professionals
- National Association of Health Data Organizations
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health
- National Association of School Nurses
- National Association of Social Workers
- National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors
- National Association of State Controlled Substance Authorities
- National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors
- National Center for Tobacco-Free Kids
- National Commission of Correctional Health Care
- National Conference of State Legislatures
- National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare
- National Council of La Raza
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
- National Council on Patient Information and Education
- National Criminal Justice Association
- National District Attorneys Association
- National Families in Action
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
- National Governors Association
- National Inhalant Prevention Coalition
- National Medical Association
- National Minority AIDS Council
- National Prevention Network
- National Science Teachers Association
- National Sheriffs' Association
- National Treatment Accountability for Safer Communities
- National Treatment Network
- National Urban League
- Natural High
- Operation PAR
- Partnership at Drugfree.org
- Partnership for Prevention
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
- Physicians and Lawyers for National Drug Policy
- Police Executive Research Forum
- PRIDE Youth Programs
- RAND Corporation
- Reclaiming Futures
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Smart Approaches to Marijuana
- Social & Affective Neuroscience Society
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine
- Society for Neuroscience
- Society for Prevention Research
- Society for Psychotherapy Research
- Society for Research in Child Development
- Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco
- Society for Social Work and Research
- Society for Women's Health Research
- Society of Behavioral Medicine
- State Associations of Addiction Services
- Substance Abuse Librarians & Information Specialists
- Taylor Hooton Foundation
- The Jed Foundation
- The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University
- Treatment Communities of America
- U.S. Conference of Mayors