What We Do:
The mission of the Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Program is to promote the conduct, translation, and dissemination of drug abuse research on sex/gender differences and issues specific to women. This mission is supported by the Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Group.
Deadline for submission ended on January 16, 2015. Check back for updates regarding the CPDD 2016 Applications.
NIDA Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Junior Investigator Travel Award for the College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD)
- CPDD 2015 Call for Travel Award Applications for Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Junior Investigative Travel Award Program (PDF, 280KB)
- CPDD 2014 Annual Scientific Meeting - Mini-Program: Focus on Women & Sex/Gender Differences (PDF, 758KB)
- CPDD 2014 Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Junior Investigator Travel Awardees
- CPDD 2013 Annual Scientific Meeting - Mini-Program: Focus on Women & Sex/Gender Differences (PDF, 766KB)
- 2013 NIDA Women and Sex/Gender Differences Research Junior Investigator Travel Awardees (PDF, 5MB)
Related Funding Announcements:
Special Issue of the Journal of Women’s Health entitled “Intimate Partner Violence, Consequences on Women’s Health, and Promising Interventions” - 1/15
The individual articles were published electronically in December 2014, and as a combined special issue collection in January 2015. These articles derive from the successful 2013 Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Research Symposium that was hosted by NIH on behalf of HHS. The Special Issue was guest edited by Samia Noursi, Ph.D. and Lisa Begg, Dr.P.H. It included 7 articles and an introduction. Among these articles an article that focused on identifying and intervening with substance-using women exposed to intimate partner violence: phenomenology, comorbidities, and integrated approaches within primary care and other agency settings.
- The Intimate Partner Violence Screening (IPV) and Counseling Research Symposium - 12/9/13, Rockville, MD
Other Web Sites of Interest:
- 2013 Trans-HHS Intimate Partner Violence Screening and Counseling: Research Symposium
- The NIH Office of Research on Women’s Health (ORWH)
- The Office on Women's Health (OWH)
- White House Council on Women and Girls (CWG)
- National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors
- More Web Sites...
Any questions or concerns regarding the Women and Gender Research Group please contact Cora Lee Wetherington, Ph.D. (301) 435-1319 or email@example.com and/or Samia Dawud Noursi, Ph.D. (301) 594-5622.