This study will assess the comparative effectiveness of extended release injectable naltrexone (XR-NTX) versus buprenorphine-naloxone (BUP-NX) as pharmacotherapeutic aids to recovery amongst treatment-seeking heroin- and/or prescription opioid-dependent participants. The primary goal of the study is to estimate the difference, if one exists, between XR-NTX and BUP-NX in the distribution of the time to relapse during the 6-month trial.
- Maryhaven, Inc., Ohio
- Addiction Medicine Services, Pennsylvania
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, Pennsylvania
- Gateway Health Systems, Florida
- Lexington/Richland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council, South Carolina
- Morris Village Alcohol and Drug Treatment Center, South Carolina
- Nexus Recovery Center, Inc., Texas