This node is now inactive. (Merged with the New York Node to form the Greater New York Node in 2010)
The Long Island Node includes five community-based organizations with a total of over 50 treatment programs serving a culturally and ethnically diverse patient population. These programs encompass a wide variety of treatment modalities including inpatient and outpatient programs, detoxification programs, methadone maintenance, therapeutic communities, programs for adolescents, and programs for women with children. Areas of special interest and expertise within the node include: psychiatric and medical co-morbidity, HIV, adolescent treatment, women and trauma, and combined behavioral and pharmacotherapy.
- Prescription Opioid Addiction Treatment Study (POATS) (CTN-0030)
- A Pilot Study of Osmotic-Release Methylphenidate (OROS-MPH) in Initiating and Maintaining Abstinence in Smokers with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) (CTN-0029)
- Randomized Controlled Trial of Osmotic-Release Methylphenidate (OROS-MPH) for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Adolescents with Substance Use Disorders (CTN-0028)
- Motivational Enhancement Treatment to Improve Treatment Engagement and Outcome for Spanish-Speaking Individuals Seeking Treatment for Substance Abuse (CTN-0021)
- Reducing HIV/STD Risk Behaviors: A Research Study for Women in Drug Abuse Treatment (CTN-0019)
- Reducing HIV/STD Risk Behaviors: A Research Study for Men in Drug Abuse Treatment (CTN-0018)
- Smoking Cessation Treatment with Transdermal Nicotine Replacement Therapy in Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Programs (CTN-0009)
- Suboxone® (Buprenorphine/Naloxone) Taper: A Comparison of Two Schedules (CTN-0003)
- Buprenorphine/Naloxone (Bup/Nx) versus Clonidine for Inpatient Opiate Detoxification (CTN-0001)
Get this Publication
Formed with SAMHSA to reduce the gap between research results and treatment.