This node is now inactive. (Merged with the Oregon-Hawaii Node to form the Western States Node in 2010)
The California-Arizona Node represents a partnership between researchers at the University of California, San Francisco and the University of Arizona, in collaboration with CTPs operating in both urban and rural locations (San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, and Tucson areas). Participating CTPs, several of which have multiple sites, include hospital-based and community-based programs, and include residential, outpatient, and methadone treatment approaches. Collectively, these CTPs serve a racially and ethnically diverse population of more than 16,000 patients per year.
- HIV Rapid Testing and Counseling in Drug Abuse Treatment Programs in the U.S. (CTN-0032)
- Prescription Opioid Addiction Treatment Study (POATS) (CTN-0030)
- Starting Treatment with Agonist Replacement Therapies (START) Study (CTN-0027)
- Job-Seekers Training for Patients with Drug Dependence (CTN-0020)
- Reducing HIV/STD Risk Behaviors: A Research Study for Men in Drug Abuse Treatment (CTN-0018)
- Brief Strategic Family Therapy (BSFT) for Adolescent Drug Abusers (CTN-0014)