Information on Substance Abuse and Addiction
- To order NIDA publications, please go to drugpubs.drugabuse.gov
- Information on the Science of Addiction
- Information about particular drugs and their effects on the body
- Easy-to-Read information on Drugs: see easyread.drugabuse.gov
- If you are seeking an interview with a scientist, contact our press office at firstname.lastname@example.org
National Drug Facts Week
- For questions about holding events during National Drug Facts WeekSM, contact us at email@example.com.
Step by Step Guides
Please note that NIDA does not provide medical advice. For medical advice, we strongly urge you to contact a qualified physician.
- If you are looking for an addiction specialist you can check with the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- If you are seeking a treatment center, please visit the SAMHSA Treatment Locator - NIDA does not endorse any specific treatment program.
- If you are a professional and would like to learn about evidence based principles of treatment, or for a general audience about what to ask when seeking treatment.
- If you are seeking information on clinical trials, go to clinicaltrials.gov
Information for School
- For homework help see our Teens site
Information for Parents & Teachers
- See our Parent & Teacher section
Information for Clinicians and Researchers
- Drug abuse screening tools
- Free access to information on drugs from scientific journals: PubMed.gov
- Information on NIDA or NIH grants
- Summaries of NIDA Science in NIDA Notes
Use of Content from this Site
- Text published by NIDA or posted on the NIDA Web site is in the public domain. If you re-post or re-print, please cite NIDA as the resource. If translating into a different language, please cite NIDA as the resource, but also state the name of the person or organization that provided translation.
- Help citing our web pages
- If you want to use images posted on the NIDA Web site, please check with the NIDA Webmaster to determine if photo rights are available.
How to Cite Content From Our Site
We offer an easy way to cite many of our publications and articles.
- Locate the “Cite this article” link in the upper right column of the publication or article page.
- Click on “Cite this article” to view the APA Style citation.
- Press ctrl+c to copy the code.
Still Have Questions for Our Staff?
- Complete our Contact NIDA Form and we will try to help.
Getting to NIDA
- Directions to NIDA Headquarters, Rockville, MD
- Directions to NIDA's Intramural Research Program (IRP), Baltimore, MD.
Subscribe to our "What's New at NIDA" newsletter at:
Technical questions about the Web site?
For Mail inquiries regarding NIDA:
National Institute on Drug Abuse
Office of Science Policy and Communications, Public Information and Liaison Branch
6001 Executive Boulevard
Room 5213, MSC 9561
Bethesda, Maryland 20892-9561
For phone Inquiries: